- The Beaver Competition is an online, individual, multiple choice or interactive test competition made of a set of short tasks.
- Beaver tasks are designed to require no prior knowledge to understand or solve but are based on informatics concepts. Programming is not required. The skills needed are only basic math and problem solving.
- They are short and easy to understand, but challenging and fun to solve!
- The competition will be held from 17th and 18th April 2018 simultaneously at all registered schools, and to be administered by an assigned teacher.
- As this is an online competition, participants may be divided into batches if there are not enough computers.
- Beaver is suitable for all students within the age categories!
- There are 5 categories for students ages 6 to 19 (Year 1 to Form 6).
|Ecolier||Year 1 – 4|
|Benjamin||Year 5 & 6|
|Cadet||Form 1 & 2|
|Junior||Form 3 & 4|
|Student||Form 5 & 6|
- Each registered participant will be given a username and a password to login to the contest system via the Internet during the competition.
- There are 15 questions (with 3 levels of difficulties and 5 questions for each level) to be answered in 45 minutes.
- Beaver tasks are all related to the knowledge and skills required to better understand the basics of computer science:
- Algorithmic and programming
- Data and data structures
- Computational logic
- Computer processes and hardware
- Communication and networking
- Systems and society
- Algorithmic thinking
- Scoring method is as shown in table below.
- Participants can access the Beaver Computational Thinking test from Tuesday, 17th April 2018, 10AM until Wednesday, 18th April 2018, 10PM; a period of 36 hours. Each participant can only attempt the contest once.
- Two language versions are available for the Beaver Computational Thinking: English and Bahasa Malaysia. However, students can only access one language version at a time.
- All participants need internet access to take part in the contest.
- We recommend using Google Chrome browser.
- If participants get disconnected internet during the contest, it is possible to resume after the internet connection is restored, but the lost time will be counted towards 45 minutes time limit. Therefore, it helps to ensure a stable connection before starting the contest.
- The registration fee is RM 33.00 per participant including 6% GST.
- Payment can be made through online transfer, cheque, bank-in, or local order(LO) to
Ardent Educational Consultants Sdn. Bhd.
CIMB Islamic Bank Account No: 8600213876
- Schools can register their students at the registration page.